The Caboose at Buffalo Creek
The Caboose at Buffalo Creek
Looking for a completely unique vacation? Sleep in our restored 1960's caboose! Completely renovated on the inside to ensure rest and relaxation while visiting the Smokies. The caboose has a private master bedroom, a cupola for the kids to sleep in, a full kitchen to cook meals in!
If you are looking for a quiet 'get away from it all' retreat, this is it! Enjoy long hikes on the property, fishing within walking distance from the caboose or take a trip into town to do some shopping or antiquing. A stay at Buffalo Creek is surely one that your family will always enjoy looking back on!
You’ll love the renovated interior of the caboose! The living area, just next to the kitchen, has a TV and DVD player and a twin pull out sleeper. The kitchen is fully-equipped and modern.
Down the hall, you’ll find the bathroom with shower and heated tile floors, the master bedroom with a full-sized bed and the ladder that goes up to the kids’ sleeping loft: a cupola with a full-sized futon and views of the farm!
Enjoy making memories while making s’mores over the fire pit outside as you watch the bison grazing in the field. Truly, buffalo roam on this private 65 acre little piece of heaven tucked away in the mountains. Whether watching the sunrise over the mountain peaks while the Smoky Mountains clear up for a beautiful day, or setting your sights on our herd of buffalo coming for their morning oats. You will not be disappointed while you are enjoying a hot cup of coffee or cocoa on our large back deck of a unique rental!
Walk down to the custom-built playground or to the Pigeon River. The kids will love to take a ride on one of our miniature horses.
Pet-friendly too! Size doesn’t matter!
For the little ones
There are tons of activities for the kids to expend their energy and have a blast! From the main ranch, children will love the short hike through the woods to the play area, The BC Corral. This custom-designed playscape has everything from swings, monkey bars zip line, slides, teeter totter, cargo nets, and rock wall.
Kids can explore the trails, feed the goats and llamas, and see the buffalo up close. They’ll love the outdoor firepit for roasting marshmallows!
Baby equipment available upon request.
The Biltmore Estate is a must do! Rent a bike and explore the 8,000 acres on the estate (trailers and tag-a-long bikes for kids), take a carriage ride or visit the farm at Antler Hill Village.
Enjoy a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad and visit the Smoky Mountain Trains Museum.
Spend the day hiking at Chimney Rock or tubing at Deep Creek .
Visit the elk in Cataloochee Park.
Spend a day at the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Slide down the rocks at Sliding Rock in the Pisgah National Forest .
For winter sports, try downhill skiing, snowboarding & tubing at Cataloochee Ski Resort.
Check-in time: 4:00 pm
Check-out time: 11:00 am
1. This is a NON SMOKING unit, $100 fee will be deducted from deposit if evidence of smoking.
2. Pet fee of $100 is for 2 dogs max. & MUST be in kennel if left alone.
3. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to 14 persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to 14 will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. No charge for infants.
5. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin.
6. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
7. No discharging of firearms or fireworks on property or a $100 fee will be assessed.
8. $35 fee charged for all returned checks.
9. There will be no refunds due to weather, appliance, water, power or TV failures. All repairs will be made as soon as possible, during normal business hours, unless deemed an emergency. There are no refunds for early check-outs. Please notify me as soon as possible if a problem arises.
DISCLOSURE: By booking this property, I agree to all terms and conditions of this contract and understand that Buffalo Creek Vacations will not be held liable for (a) any loss or theft of personal property, accident, damage or injury by any member of my party while on the property regardless of severity or mechanism of injury,(b) acts of God, (c) weather, road, travel,ski conditions or any other recreational activities.
YOUR BOOKING INCLUDES PROPERTY PROTECTION, UP TO $1000 COVERED FOR ANY ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE DURING YOUR STAY.
Nearest airport: Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), 36 miles
Nearest supermarket: Food Lion, 8 miles
Nearest farmers’ market: Waynesville Farmers Market, 12 miles
Nearest restaurant: Blue Rooster, 8 miles
Nearest gas station: Pilot Travel Center, 4 miles
Nearest ATM: at the Pilot Travel Center, 4 miles
Nearest pharmacy: Haywood Pharmacy, 8 miles or CVS Pharmacy, 10 miles
Nearest hospital: Mission Children's Hospital, 31 miles or Mountain Area Family Health Center, 33 miles
Nearest urgent care facility: Urgent Care West, 13 miles